Again thanks to Clare for hosting!
Five things from school
1) Oh yeah, did I mention I went back to high school? They decided I didn’t pass so I had to make up some work…jk I’m student teaching this semester and this was my first week…hence the lack of posts compared with my vacation self.
2) The week started out with a two hour delay…the first ever delayed start I’ve had in my life. Naturally, I was wide awake in anticipation of my first day, so ended up not sleeping in and instead put in some quality time with the treadmill…I know.
3) Hearing the years my students were born in makes me feel plain old.
4) Now I am the one complaining about students constantly texting during class…see #3 about feeling old.
5) Dressing up for school was fun for about the first three days. I’m generally a sneakers and running clothes kind of person, so actually having to put thought into what I wear is rough.
Five cool things to read:
1) Did you see the Northern Lights?! I’m certainly hoping to!
2) A friend of mine showed me this article looking into whether a patch with antioxidants could aid in concussion recovery
3) Has anyone seen this Countdown to the Olympic Games? I’m just a little excited, and even more so because the second week is over my February break!
4) Speaking of the Olympics, what do you know about the biathlon?
5) Winter training via RunnersWorld…something I need to keep in mind!
Five Things to Make!
1) Homemade granola bars to bring to school
What’s on one of your “Five Things Friday” lists?
What should I bring to my class potluck next week? Any fun (but easy/cheap) dessert ideas?
Have a wonderful weekend!