Wow! Another Friday here already and my last Friday of “freedom” before school starts back up again?! I was hoping to go out for a xc ski this morning as we have all this new beautiful snow, but we’re actually in a wind chill warning (feels as low as -37F) so instead I’m writing this post :)
1. I never went faster than 45 mph – usually the roads are at least 70 but with the snow storm (which I tried to get a jump on by leaving so early) things were slow going, which was fine by me. I realized it was just going to be a long trip and didn’t rush anything, which worked out great.
2. I stopped to return a water bottle belt on the way – this is a perfect “you know you’re marathon training when…” quote. That’s right, I bought/was given two water bottle belts this break…oops! Good thing I could return one of them :)
3. The remix of the “best” songs from 2013 – have you heard it yet? It’s actually pretty good
4. Wind chill warning – who knew that was even a thing?! Blizzard, yes. Coastal flood warning, yes. High winds, yes. But wind chill warning? Something I’d never heard of before – I’d always realized it got colder (and dangerous) but didn’t realize it was a legit “weather warning.” Guess I won’t be running today…outside is too dangerous and the gym is closed.
5. Beautiful – Despite it being freezing, having to shovel, etc. I still think the winter wonderland is absolutely beautiful…as long as you don’t have to drive/get anywhere in it :)
How much snow did you get? (if you got any)